Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Welcome!

Welcome to Blogging for Best Friends Animal Society! This very blog will showcase twenty-four hours worth of constant blogging in an effort to raise money for the worthwhile organization, Best Friends Animal Society!


What is a blog-a-thon? I will be blogging every hour for twenty-four hours beginning September 1st at 8:00 AM PST. I will be relying on my generous and kind sponsors to help me not only attract readers but to drive in the much needed donations! These drawings will take place during the twenty-four hour event so be sure to keep checking back! For every $5.00 donation you make, you are automatically entered into the drawing for one of many fabulous prizes!


Why are you doing this? Best Friends Animal Society is an organization near and dear to my heart. As a lifelong animal lover, I believe in their motto of "bringing about a time of no more homeless pets." This blog-a-thon event will hopefully drive in much needed donations for them!

Are you doing this on your own? I am not, in fact one of my best friends is participating in the blog-a-thon with me as it was her idea for us to do this!  Please, be sure to check out Lindsay's blog-a-thon adventure over at http://aisforalbuterol.blogspot.com and learn about her journey to raise money for babies with breathing problems related to RSV and their own needs! :)


I would like to donate, how do I do that? First of all, thank you very much! It is quite easy to donate, simply click on my FirstGiving box to the left of your screen and it will walk you through the easy and safe steps to do so!  You can donate anytime from TODAY (July 15th) through the conclusion of the blog-a-thon on September 2nd! :) If you donate to my blog-a-thon, please make sure you e-mail me your information (name, address, e-mail) so I have a way to contact you if you win a prize!

I would like to sponsor you, what do I do? That would be amazing!  If you are interested in sponsoring me please e-mail me at: marion5052@gmail.com and we can put something together!  If you have your own business or simply want to donate something to be auctioned off, you can!  Truly anything can be put up for auction and it will be sent to the winner after the drawing.


You mentioned prizes? Certainly! With a minimum donation of $5.00 you are automatically entered into the drawing to win any of the following fabulous prizes:

• Custom Scentsy Basket from Danielle Moody's Scentsy Shop
• Origami Owl gift certificate from Danielle Moody's Origami Owl Shop.
• Handmade Cat Breeds Poster from Sarah Loves Cats, the founder of Cat Tee Mission
• $20 Amazon.com gift card
Best Friends: The True Story of the World's Most Beloved Animal Sanctuary by Samantha Glen
• Gena Divine's trademarked "Slutty Brownies" from her popular Etsy shop, Bake All The Things!

No comments:

Post a Comment